If you want to get pregnant, being attentive to your own calendar of ovulation can be a big help. We explain everything about the topic.
Today, there are already many women who use an ovulation calendar to identify your fertile days and, as such, have more odds of getting pregnant.
Typically, a calendar of ovulation is based on three pieces of information:
- The day that began the last period;
- The normal duration of the cycle;
- The fact that ovulation usually occurs 12 to 16 days before the start of the next period.
The most elementary is a calendar of ovulation or journal and a calculator so that you can make the accounts, but also there are already several widgets on the Internet and apps for smartphones and tablets that can do the math for you and make this process much more simple.
HOW TO CALCULATE THE DAY, OR DAYS, OF OVULATION?
Know the fertile period of the month is of the utmost importance for couples that are trying to get pregnant since, maintaining sexual relations during this time, you can increase the chance of fertilization.
Check out step-by-step how it works the calendar of ovulation:
- Generally, ovulation (release of ovum) occurs 14 days after the start of a new menstrual cycle;
- In a regular cycle of 28 days, the beginning of the cycle gives-if, for example, on 28 February (the first day of menstruation and it can last about 4 to 5 days), the fertile day is the 14th of march;
- If there is not fertilization of the egg, this degenerates, the production of progesterone decreases sharply and occurs the disintegration of the uterine wall (endometrium), giving rise to new menstrual period (to march 28) and, consequently, the a new menstrual cycle.
When the menstrual cycles are very irregular it becomes more complicated to make the accounts and find a pattern that allows you to follow a plan with some certainty.
For couples attempting to get pregnant, what really matters is to try to find out the date of ovulation before you come the next period. You can help to keep a record of the monthly day in which you came to menstruation, calculate the fertile period and have sexual intercourse more frequently during this space of time.
METHODS TO IDENTIFY THE FERTILE DAYS
The calendar method of ovulation is only one alternative to identify the fertile period of each woman. However, there are other ways:
- Ovulation tests (available at the pharmacy) that detect the major hormones of fertility;
- Core body temperature or saliva (after ovulation, your core body temperature rises about 0.4-1.0° C. To use this method properly, you must calculate your core body temperature every morning before getting out of bed).
DISADVANTAGES OF CALENDAR OF OVULATION
The problem with the calendar of ovulation is the fact that it is based on information variables – almost 50% of women have cycles that vary 7 or more days and the start date of ovulation can also vary, even in regular cycles.
This way, if you want to accurately identify your fertile days every cycle, use an ovulation test or a monitor fertility, and to detect the changes on its main hormones of fertility present in the urine.
This is, furthermore, considered to be the most accurate method to evaluate the fertile period.